Do you know the theory that individuals use their right brain more while thinking? Have you wondered why the right-brained people are so distinct and popular? Well, this Buzzle article will try to answer that.
Have you ever had a debate with anyone regarding what kind of thought structure every individual exhibits? There is a bustle every single time you hear the names of the famous right-brained individuals, and you start to think for yourself, what makes you be or not be like them. Occurrences of such thoughts simply declares, which side of the brain your mental preferences really lean on. This is what it’s all about! The human brain is diverged down the middle into two parts known as, the left brain and the right brain. The theoretical functions of a mind propose that, these two sides of the brain control two separate ‘modes’ of thinking. Thus, this theory works on the interesting fact about nervous system that, the right side of our brain controls our left side and contrariwise.
Statistics show that half of the population on earth are right-brained people. So now you can rejoice if you fall amongst them! But hold on! How can you tell, whether you are a right or left-brained person? Here is a little detail for you to understand about the right brain characteristics and why they are different from the left brain features.
- Right-brained individuals are good at memorizing, they learn and think in visual, audio images, and kinesthetic. They have a very random, imaginative orientation approach, and many times, have thoughts in a coded manner.
- When these individuals talk to you, they have a brain shift from one part to another. They listen whilst they look at you and look away when they have to answer a query. In all the ways, they are constantly aware of the situation.
- They are very creative, playful, holistic, athletic, artistic, craftsmen, entrepreneurs, emotional, subjective, motivated, symbolic, and musical kind of people. These are a few notable characteristics for you to understand the difference.
- They are intuitive decision makers and are often misunderstood. They can’t explain what they feel and before they complete one subject, their random thoughts move on to another subject. Unfortunately the tongue keeps running. This causes complications. It’s unintentional though.
Now that you have read the attributes of the right brain, for those of you who are thinking, what would be the characteristics of a left brain (as it’s causing such a deviation in the two), here are a few traits you can read to know the other side of the story.
- Left-brained people are analytical and logical in their approach.
- In mathematics, these people are good in memorizing the formulas and can express them precisely.
- They are verbal, also they stress on words, symbols and numbers a lot.
- They are very sequential in approach, they prefer going stepwise and follow detailed instructions than to plainly jump to conclusions.
- Also, sometimes left-brained people have a very low sense of humor. They will hardly be able to put a smile on your face.
This is the main difference between right and left-brained people and their behavior. The past studies have shown neuroscience to understand the behavioral role of the nervous system in the medical science.
Some right-brained individuals have good artistic abilities like, painting, dancing, singing, writing, poetry, etc., and some can tackle calculus problems at the drop of a hat. Here is a list of some famous right-brained people having distinct preferences for such styles of thinking.
- Sir Isaac Newton
- Albert Einstein
- Leonardo Da Vinci
- Jonas Salk
- Thomas Alva Edison
- Galileo Galilei
- Bill Gates
- Benjamin Franklin
- Steven Spielberg
- Alexander Graham Bell
- Thomas Jefferson
- Abraham Lincoln
- Pablo Picasso
The decision is still hazy in terms of calculating the percentage of right-brained individuals in contrast to the left ones. It’s known that 10-12 percent of the human population are left-brained, so the remaining fall under the category of individuals using their right brain.