There are some twins who have attained fame and fortune in their own chosen field. Some of the famous twins are Diesel wins, Johansson twins, Sprouse twins etc whom we all have seen on television quite frequently.
There is something so fascinating about twins. They live in their own little world and have a profound connection between them. They indulge in twin talk when they are young and have an obvious resemblance to each other. Although identical twins are less common, their resemblance to one another makes it even difficult for their mother to sometimes tell them apart. Throughout history, there has been a lot of famous twins, and more so in Hollywood. In the entertainment business, a famous twin duo creates quite a sensation for the simple fact that people consider that two is better than one. Famous twins are not only present in Hollywood and there are many examples in all spheres of life.
Famous Celebrity Twins: Art and Entertainment
Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley OlsEn – Perhaps the most easily recognized famous twins they are popularly known as “The Olsen Twins”. They were born on 13th June 1986 and stared in the hit television series “Full House”.
Dylan Sprouse and Cole Sprouse – They both play the lead role in Disney’s hit TV series “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody”
Robin Gibb and Maurice Gibb – They are the world famous creator of the band ‘The Bee Gees’ that have won nine Grammy Awards, a World Music Awards and five American Music Awards.
Joel Madden and Benji Madden – They are from the band the “Good Charlotte”.
Scarlett Johansson and Hunter Johansson – This beautiful actress is famous for her roles in movies like “Match Point”, “The Other Boleyn Girl” and “Girl with a Pearl Earring”. Her brother Hunter, worked as a campaign organizer for Barack Obama.
Gisele Bundchen and Patricia Bundchen – Gisele Bundchen is a world famous model who has appeared on the cover of “The Sports Illustrated”. Her twin sister Patricia is her manager.
Famous Twins from the World of Arts and Entertainment
– Vin Diesel and Paul Diesel
– Jill Hennessy and Jacqueline Hennessy
– Benji and Joel Madden
– Nicola and Teena Collins
– Harry Treadaway and Luke Treadaway
– Connor Sullivan and Garret Sullivan
– James and Oliver Phelps
– Evan Mitchell Lowenstein and Jaron David Lowenstein
– Aaron and Angel Carter
– Eva Green and Joy Green
– Tia and Tamera Mowry
– Bruce and Seth Hall
– Darcey and Stacey Silva
Famous Twins in Sport
-Kevin & Cory Lidle
– Ronde & Tiki Barber
– Josh & Daniel Bullocks
– Heather & Heidi Burge
– Stephen & Matthew Febey
– Peter & Chris Ferraro
– Jaron & Jason Collins
– Tom & Dick Van Arsdale
– Kerry Cash & Keith Cash
– Rich & Ron Saul
– Herbert & Wilfred Baddeley
– Adam Chambers & James Chambers
– Mark & Michael Evans
– Antonio Filippini & Emanuele Filippini
– Ashley & Courtney Paris
– David & Dean Holdsworth
– Matt Hughes & Mark Hughes
– Sarah & Karen Josephson
– Coco Miler & Kelly Miller
Famous Twins in History
– Alexander Helios and Cleopatra Selene – Children of Cleopatra and Mark Anthony.
– Mark E. Kelly and Scott J. Kelly – First astronauts who are also twins.
– Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine – Prince and Princess of Denmark
– Prince Alexander and Prince Phillip – Both are Prince of Yugoslavia.
– Princess Louise Elisabeth and Princess Henriette – Princesses of France.
– Angela Eagle and Maria Eagle – British members of Parliament.
– Jenna and Barbara Bush – Daughter of former U.S. – President George Bush and Laura Bush.
– King James II of Scotland and Alexander Stewart, The Duke of Rothesay
Perhaps the most famous twins in history are Jacob and Esau, who were the grandsons of Abraham. There is also a record of twins in mythology. The most famous mythological twins are Castor and Pollux, and Apollo and Artemis who are the children of Zeus and Leto. Hope that you enjoyed reading about these well-known twins.